Kathy MacCormack, of North Sydney, Nova Scotia, is an all-around athlete. She began her career through competitive swimming as a child where she went on to join Nova Scotia’s Canada Games water polo team in 1983. MacCormack was in lifeguarding throughout her teen years, which lead to a membership on the 1985 Canadian Lifeguarding Championship team.
MacCormack made her mark in sports as a basketball player, first with the Dalhousie Tigers where she was an AUAA All-star and an all-Canadian. She was the Dalhousie University Female Athlete of the Year in 1988 and was a member of the Canadian National Women’s Basketball Team from 1985 to 1992. MacCormack also played professional basketball in Germany in 1989-90.
• Attended UCCB on an Academic Scholarship
• Named All-Canadian while a Dalhousie Tiger
• Named 2nd Team AUAA All-Star
• 1986 Canada National Women’s Basketball Team
• Member Prov Canada Games Water Polo Team 1983
• On Canadian Champion Lifeguard Team 1985
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology
• Diploma in Respiratory Therapy
• Played Professional Basketball in Germany
• Assistant Coach of Women’s Basketball, Dalhousie
• Competes on Dalhousie’s Master’s Swim Team
• Senior Women’s Basketball Coach, Halifax Grammar